This is a classic Greek sauce that you often get with gyros. It works equally well with many other dishes including our Cedar Planked Salmon. The key to making this sauce is you use the thickest Greek yogurt you can find. Otherwise your sauce will come out watery.
MAKES: 4 Servings
PREP/COOK TIME: 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, halved and seeded.
- 1/2 cup plain whole Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- 21 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Shred the cucumber on large holes of a box grater.
- Combine yogurt, dill, mint, garlic, pepper, salt and cucumber in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes.