Lemony Zucchini Slaw
This salad of julienned zucchini is dressed in yogurt and tossed with a generous amount of lemon juice and zest. Use as many bright herbs as possible, or a single herb if you prefer, and chop them at the last minute.
MAKES: 4 to 6 Servings
PREP/COOK TIME: 55 minutes
- 1 ½ pounds small zucchini or summer squash, preferably a mix of colors
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted, for garnish
- Top and tail the zucchini. Julienne with a large knife, mandoline, food processor or spiralizer.
- Transfer zucchini to a large bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add lemon zest and juice and toss well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add yogurt and toss to coat well. Taste and adjust seasoning. Add chopped herbs and mix gently. Garnish with pine nuts to serve.
Storage wWll keep for a day in the refrigerator.
Adapted from one of David Tanis' recipes